Jane Powell Family Tree – Jane Powell was an American actress, singer, and dancer who first came to attention in the mid-1940s with roles in Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer musicals. Known for her operatic soprano voice and “girl-next-door” image, she was one of the last surviving stars from the Golden Age of Hollywood cinema until her death in 2021.
Table of Contents
Jane Powell Bio
|Birthdate ( Age)||1 April 1929|
|Place of Birth||Portland, Oregon, United States|
|Spouse/Partner||Dickie Moore (m. 1988–2015)|
|Children||Lindsey Averill Nerney, Suzanne Ilene Steffen, Gearhardt Anthony Steffen III|
|Parents||Eileen Baker Burce, Paul E. Burce|
|Profession||American actress, singer, and dancer|
|Net Worth||$10 Million|
Jane Powell Family, Parents
Powell was born Suzanne Lorraine Burce, the only child of Paul Emerson Burce and Eileen Baker Burce, on April 1, 1929, in Portland, Oregon. Her paternal grandmother was Canadian, born in Westminster, Ontario, while her paternal grandfather descended from English settlers in the Plymouth Colony. Powell’s father supported the family working at a Wonder Bread factory, and later, at a Fred Meyer grocery store.By age five, Powell had appeared on the Portland children’s radio program Stars of Tomorrow.
Jane Powell Husband
Jane Powell was a married woman. On 5th November 1949, Jane Powell married former figure skater-turned-insurance broker Gearhardt Anthony Steffen. The duo is blessed with two kids; their first child, son Gearhardt Steffen III was born July 21, 1951, and on November 21, 1952, their second child, daughter Suzanne Ilene Steffen.
Powell subsequently divorced Gearhardt Steffen in August 1953, citing a cruelty decree. On 8th November 1954, she married her second husband, Patrick W. Nerney, an automobile executive nine years her senior, in Ojai, California. Their daughter, Lindsey Averill Nerney, was born on February 1, 1956.
In May 1963, Powell divorced her then-husband, Patrick Nerney. She then married her third husband, James Fitzgerald in 1965 until 1975. After that, she married her fourth husband, David Parlour in 1978 until 1981. In May 1988, she married her longtime companion, former child actor Dickie Moore. The couple had met while Moore was performing research for his autobiography Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, but Don’t Have Sex or Take the Car.
Their relationship lasted till the year 2015 before the death of Dickie Moore. Following the death of her husband, Dickie Moore in 2015, Powell sold their Manhattan apartment and relocated permanently to their second home in Wilton, Connecticut, at the age of 86. After then, she had no relationship and affairs with anyone. Her sexual orientation was straight.
Jane Powell Movies List
- 1946 Holiday in Mexico – Christine Evans
- 1948 Three Daring Daughters- Tess Morgan
- 1948 A Date with Judy- Judy Foster
- 1948 Luxury Liner- Polly Bradford
- 1950 Nancy Goes to Rio- Nancy Barklay
- 1950 Two Weeks with Love – Patti Robinson
- 1951 Royal Wedding- Ellen Bowen
- 1951 Rich, Young and Pretty – Elizabeth Rogers
- 1953 Small Town Girl – Cindy Kimbell
- 1953 Three Sailors and a Girl – Penny Weston
- 1954 Seven Brides for Seven Brothers – Milly Pontipee
- 1954 Athena – Athena Mulvain
- 1954 Deep in My Heart – Ottilie van Zandt in Maytime
- 1955 Hit the Deck – Susan Smith
- 1958 The Girl Most Likely – Dodie
- 1958 The Female Animal – Penny Windsor
- 1958 Enchanted Island- Fayaway
- 1975 Tubby the Tuba- Celeste
- 2003 Broadway: The Golden Age, by the Legends Who Were There Herself
Who was Josie Lloyd ? Family, Net Worth, Biography